Latest Creation @DCbijou

Monday, March 25, 2013

Checking In


I woke to a snowy wonderland this morning...the last time I can remember a snowstorm like this in March, I was a freshman in college at home for spring break. It was eerily quiet, just watching the snow fall, an endless blanket of white from above. Just when I thought I left the cold weather in Chicago, haha.


I've been back in NoVa for almost a week, and I miss this little guy terribly. (I miss MG too!) I wasn't nearly as productive as I had planned, due to morning naps with Minos and his demands to sit in my lap whenever I was working on some embroidery. I can't wait to see him and MG again, hopefully in a couple of weeks once the weather has warmed up. 


More beauty purchases...the only thing that isn't new in that photo is the blush on the right (R&R Spank). I'm giving everything a trial run, but there are some definite winners in my book already - the NARS Creamy Concealer in Custard applies like a dream, and covers the circles under my eyes so well! Bonus? It feels light, and it doesn't get caught in the fine lines under my eyes. The Ben Nye Banana Powder is pretty awesome as well - it's finely milled, and that little bottle will likely last me forever. Also pictured is Hourglass Veil Primer, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light, and Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation. 


Using all of the products above, my makeup lasted a good 8 hours without any oil surfacing on my t-zone. It settled by then to give me a nice dewy finish, and around 10 hours there was enough shine to want a blotting paper. I'm trying the primer and banana powder with different foundations and BB creams to see how it works with other formulas, and I'm trying the Bourjois foundation with other primers and setting powders, but it's great to know this combination will really make my makeup last. 


I've been busy working on adding new items to my shop, including something with these delightfully miniature macarons. My workshop looks like a small patisserie, and I love it! 

If you ♥ macarons as much as I do, there's a giveaway on my shop's facebook page to win a Totoro macaron charm...as well as 2 mystery items and a Hello Kitty makeup brush case. 


This little charm was a labor of love - Totoro was hand embroidered onto linen, and everything was stitched by hand to form a tiny coin purse. It won't keep many coins, but you could use it to keep some small jewelry safe while you travel. Chibi and Chu charms were drawn and colored by hand onto acrylic, and hang from silver plated chain sprinkled with silver leaves and green and white Swarovski beads. It comes with a small clip to dangle from a purse or bag. Click on the photo above for details on how to win it, and other items, from my shop this week, or visit the link below:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions or make requests. I will mostly likely respond to your questions/comments in the same entry, so check back for a response :)

You can also e-mail me at xmayaarix@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails