Latest Creation @DCbijou

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

MAC Archie's Girls - Sweet Treats for Your Cheeks

I've been a fan of Archie's comics ever since I was a kid - I remember summer vacations spent visiting relatives in the Philippines when I was little, and while my cousins were at school, I'd borrow my older cousin's Archie comics - he had a massive collection of books and I'd read through every single one...until I started reading The Babysitter's Club and Sweet Valley Twins :)

The last time I bought something from MAC was when they re-released their Mineralized Skin Finish in Redhead in 2012; I haven't been very interested in a collection like this in a while. I absolutely love the packaging - the retro comic faces and all the little red hearts, along with using white instead of MAC's signature black housing cases makes everything refreshingly sweet.


MAC Pearlmatte Face Powder in Flatter Me
MAC Blush in Cream Soda


Cream Soda blush is from Betty's half of the collection -
it's a new shade for MAC, a satin finish, light neutral coral
perfect for that girl-next-door to add just a hint of color to her cheeks

There's just a hint of shimmer from the satin finish, but it's very subtle.
Cream Soda is a nice shade for light to medium skin, but if your complexion is darker than say, NC30-35, it might not show up very well. I'm around NC25-30 and it's a barely there peach - just enough color so that my makeup doesn't look plain, but definitely not the main focus.


Flatter Me Pearlmatte Face Powder is a combination of (you guessed it) pearl and satin shades to create a lovely highlighting duo using Beauty Powder in Shell Pearl and Blush in Foolish Me. You can use it as a highlighter on top of/in place of blush or even as a sheer eyeshadow. 


Another face powder to add a little glow to your overall look :) 

The blush retails for $22 and the Face Powder retails for $29. As much as I wanted to buy practically everything from this collection, these were the two items I know I'd actually make use of...although the coin purse and makeup bag are REALLY cute.

What did you get from the collection/what do you plan to get when Archie's Girls is released where you are? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions or make requests. I will mostly likely respond to your questions/comments in the same entry, so check back for a response :)

You can also e-mail me at xmayaarix@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails