Latest Creation @DCbijou

Thursday, January 03, 2013

Wrapping up 2012

I hope you all had a great New Year's! Mine was extremely low key - MG and I stayed in and I spent most of the night helping him with his laundry, believe it or not - he had to leave on New Year's Day so we spent the evening packing. It was the first time we've been able to spend New Year's Eve together in 5 years, since he always had to work over the holiday, so even though we didn't do anything fancy, I was happy to be able to spend time with him.

The holidays were very relaxed this year - MG and I spent Christmas Eve with my family, picking up some last-minute gifts during the day, wrapping said gifts, and watching one of my favorite movies, A Christmas Story. Christmas Day was spent with MG's parents, and the day after his sister & brother-in-law arrived with their kids for more family time.

Brando was obviously ready to celebrate and open presents!

2 of my favorite gifts - to continue my tea obsession
mug (with strainer, not pictured) and mini teapot to brew all the tea I want this winter

I tried to make most of my gifts again this year...
these were plushie toys I made for MG's niece & nephew -
nephew loves birds, and niece loves elephants
They're not perfect, but turned out well for my first try at sewing something
with a very specific pattern - 
my pouches & wallets are all square/rectangular cuts of fabric, and these guys had tons of curves & rounded corners...the kids loved them :)

The cats hid in the basement with MG and I, since the kids weren't allowed down there...
they enjoyed our pile of blankets quite a bit
Koko (chocolate point Siamese male) is giving Amelie (seal point) lots of cuddles ♥

It was a nice holiday spent with family, sleeping in (as late as you can with 2 young kids on early schedules), taking naps, watching movies, and spending time with my boys MG and Minos. 


I can't believe Minos is 3 today - he's such a little stinker, tearing up my shirts from jumping onto my shoulders, taking up the bed, claiming blankets for himself, and jumping onto the tops of doorways and getting stuck....but he's the best. He's the sweetest little cat, and I'm so happy that MG & I have him in our lives, even if I don't get to see him every day right now. 

I hope to get back to blogging in 2013, even if the makeup/beauty posts thin out since I'm trying to be better about what I buy (and use up what I have). There are a few products collections I'm anticipating, like MAC's collection with Betty and Veronica from Archie comics, and I'm reading up on reviews of products I want to try. Hope you're all having a good start to 2013!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions or make requests. I will mostly likely respond to your questions/comments in the same entry, so check back for a response :)

You can also e-mail me at xmayaarix@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails