Latest Creation @DCbijou

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Recent Beauty Buys

Has it really been 2 months since my last post? Anyone still around? I've been so sidetracked with working in my Etsy shop that I haven't had much time to devote to blogging. Honestly I haven't been wearing much makeup since I'm usually at home, sewing away or doing something else related to my shop. I couldn't tell you what the latest makeup collections are, and the makeup I DO wear isn't much to write about.

I will say that I've become a major fan of liquid liner, now that I know how to use it and I've found a few that I like, namely the Physician's Formula liquid liner booster. My lashes are noticeably longer than they used to be, even if I still need mascara to fill them out.

Here are a few recent purchases I've made since my last post:

1 - replaced a bottle of La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Light after I finished the first bottle; it's gentle and it moisturizes my sensitive yet oily skin without irritation. The Riche version is good for extremely cold/dry weather, so I may get another bottle of that if the weather gets worse.

2 - Mally Beauty Evercolor Poreless Face Defender - it took me a while, but I finally purchased this little gem after reading/viewing Tammy's review. It's a great product - the clear formula takes some getting used to, but I love using this as a primer for my makeup. It fills in pores and sets my makeup like nothing else I've tried - I was amazed that it kept my makeup looking fresh after 9-10 hours of wear!

3 - Mally Beauty Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner (midnight & royal plum) - thought I'd give these a try since I was already on the Mally site, and I'm glad I got them! The duo comes out to $11.00 for each liner which might seem a bit pricey, but worth the cost compared to the $18-19 for MUFE or Urban Decay's liners (which do not stay on my waterline for very long). The Starlight liners do.not.budge. on my waterline until I use oil cleanser to remove my makeup. It's just as good as Inglot's gel liner, minus the need for a brush. Another worthwhile buy when I want to play up my eyes or take a break from using liquid liner.

4 - Urban Decay Naked Palette - I know, I'm probably one of the last bloggers to try one of the Naked palettes. I resisted because I already had a bunch of neutral shadows in my makeup drawer, but I'm so glad I gave in and bought this. I went for the original instead of the 2nd version (and got this before the 3rd version was released) because I liked the lighter shades in the palette. I reach for this palette a lot lately.

5 - L'Oreal Voluminous False Lashes Mascara in Blackest Black - bought this on a whim last week at Walmart. I needed to replace my tube of Million Lashes and thought I'd give this a try. I haven't used it yet, but if it's anything like the other L'Oreal mascaras I've used in the past, I'm sure to like it.


I took advantage of free shipping in November from Sasa and stocked up on Nivea deodorant (not pictured) and bought some DHC cleansing oil and Nivea Lemongrass lip balm. I just got these items in the mail today so they're still in their packaging, but I've tried the DHC cleansing oil earlier this year; I like it, and I'll run out of my current cleansing oil soon.



The cookies were a surprise in the mail from Naturopathica - a sweet & unexpected gesture for allowing me to review their products on my blog. The cookies come from a bakery near one of their spas in East Hampton, NY. It made me smile, because the only packages I've received lately have been supplies or other things I've ordered myself, so it was nice to get something from someone else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions or make requests. I will mostly likely respond to your questions/comments in the same entry, so check back for a response :)

You can also e-mail me at xmayaarix@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails