Latest Creation @DCbijou

Monday, June 02, 2008

Update on Skin Genesis Skincare

My initial review of L'Oreal Skin Genesis products can be found here: L'Oreal Skin Genesis

It has now been 8 weeks since I started using the Skin Genesis Eye Serum and SPF 15 Moisturizer, and I'm following up with my reaction to both products. The Skin Genesis products are targeted towards individuals who wish to help strengthen skin to maintain a youthful appearance, as skin begins to weaken once we reach the age of 30.

Eye Serum Update:
Although the serum provides a decent amount of moisture to my undereye area, I stopped using it in the morning. The consistency and waiting time for it to get absorbed by my skin took too long while I got ready for work, and the excess moisture (no matter how much or how little I used) made my concealer look cakey. I still use it at night. I have no idea how long it will actually take me to use up the bottle, especially now that I'm only applying it once a day, so the $20 price tag doesn't seem that bad, if you consider that I've been using it daily for 2 months and there's barely a dent in the bottle. I don't think it did much to get rid of the dark circles under my eyes - applying it in the morning did give the illusion of lighter circles, since there are some reflective bits in the serum, but there haven't been any long-term effects. I haven't been sleeping well the past couple of weeks either, so I am sure that affected the outcome - at least to come degree, since my circles have worsened as a result of my lack of sleep.






Multi-Layer Cell Strengthening Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 Update:
This is definitely my go-to moisturizer during the day. There is now a slight plastic/chemical smell (but it's not the smell of sunblock) to the moisturizer after I pump some out of the bottle, but that could be from the packaging itself. Once I apply the moisturizer to my skin, I don't notice any smell. It still goes on very light, and doesn't feel heavy or greasy on my skin - which is a good thing, because the muggy DC weather is just around the corner. Again, I've been using this daily for 2 months now, and it doesn't look like I've put much of a dent into the bottle, so the cost evens out in the long run. I don't have that many lines (at most, 2 lines on my forehead that aren't usually visible) on my face, but I feel like my skin has improved - overall my skin feels smoother and it's actually starting to look even.

I will likely continue to use both products until I run out. I would definitely purchase the Daily Moisturizer again, but I'm not sure about the Eye Serum. My hunt continues to find an effective eye cream...

8 comments:

  1. ahh you know the Genesis range is quite expensive here, for a drugstore brand.. its like £20 for the moisturizer! I'm glad the moisturizer is working for you, it's hard to find just the right one.

    The waxing kit has been dispatched, I can't wait to try it out lol ;)

    Ohhh yeah let me know how much package weighs n cost :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww..how come you aren't sleeping well? are you stressed out about something? i have problems sleeping, too! i think it runs in my family. i had to get put on ambien about 2 years ago because i wasn't sleeping much at night. i would finally get to bed and then i'd wake up and it'd take me more than an hour to go back to sleep. it's like my body is tired but my mind is still going. i really didn't want to take any type of pill to sleep but i don't have to worry with ambien. to me, it really is non-habit forming. i don't use it every night and when i do quit, i sleep fine! i think it's just a matter of making myself go to bed and not thinking so much and turning off the tv so i don't get distracted. i tried over the counter sleep aids but they didn't work. ambien knocks me out pretty fast. i know ppl are scared of taking prescription drugs, but honestly, i'm okay when i don't take ambien. some ppl can become addicted to certain pills but i haven't felt that way with this one yet. i hope you get some sleep! i mailed off your stuff today. i hope you enjoy it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nic: assuming I don't oversleep tomorrow morning, I'll stop by the post office to have them weigh the package and let you know how much it is before I ship it :)

    spankadelic: thanks for the info on ambien :) and thanks for mailing off stuff today! I'll be mailing everything out tomorrow, so I hope you'll get it by the end of the week. As for my inability to sleep...I was stressed out in April, but I'm a night owl by nature, and I just stay up later than I should even though I know I have work in the morning. It's even more difficult to sleep when my bf is here (he's a night owl & has an opposite sleep schedule)...I just need to make myself go to bed earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just make sure all the tv is off and you don't have any distractions. i'm getting a lot better, cause i'm filtering out all this stuff. i'm sleeping a lot better even w/o ambien! i read that your bedroom shouldn't even have a tv and make sure it's dark, because a bedroom is a place for sleeping, not studying or working. or watching tv. so when i go to bed, i make sure i have the tv off and the lights off. thanks for the studying tips! my chemistry teacher always told me to eat bananas. lol. i have some lavendar face wipes! perhaps i should smell them while i'm studying. hehe. hope you get some sleep. i actually sleep BETTER with my fiance! i am also a night owl! shoot, i stay up till 3 am in the morning. lol. but i'm gonna make myself sleep early tonight so i can wake up and study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i'm on the hunt for an eye cream too...let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this! I should start wearing eye cream, but supposedly Asians age well? Anyways, have you tried Olay eye creams?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting review. I've never really paid attention to drugstore skincare (then again, the high end ones doesn't seem to work that well either), but I've always seen it at Target. I might give it a shot next time I run out of moisturizer.

    Have you tried Clinique All About Eyes? People rave about that a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spankadelic: easier said than done! I live in a studio, so my "bedroom" is also the living room, dining room, and study, which makes it difficult to really separate anything. And my BF is usually with me during the week, and he has an opposite internal clock, so we're trying to compromise a decent bedtime.

    Ren: I'll let you know if I find a decent eye cream!

    Fab: not that I'm biased or anything, but yes, Asians do age well :) I think it's really just genetics & how well a person takes care of themselves...I'm trying to make up for lost time! I've heard Olay skincare is actually quite good lately, so I may look into their products when I finish up the L'Oreal.

    Emilee: I've read some reviews on All About Eyes, and it's one of the non-drugstore brands that I want to try at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask questions or make requests. I will mostly likely respond to your questions/comments in the same entry, so check back for a response :)

You can also e-mail me at xmayaarix@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails